Hotel Grand Continental Kuala Terengganu
Lot 004023, Jalan Sultan Zainal Abidin
Daerah 8, City Centre
Kuala Terengganu 20000
Our hotel in Kuala Terengganu boasts a strategic address along Jalan Sultan Zainal Abidin at the city centre. It is only 25 minutes from Sultan Mahmud Airport and 10 to 15 minutes from malls and bus and taxi stations.
You’ll also be pleased to know that Hotel Grand Continental Kuala Terengganu’s location provides easy access to the following tourist attractions:
- Redang Island Jetty – 10-minute drive
- Beach – 10-minute drive
- Pasar Payang (traditional market) – 10-minute drive
- Chinatown – 10-minute drive
- Masjid Terapung (floating mosque) – 15-minute drive
- Sekayu Waterfall – 1-hour drive
- Tanjung Jara and Turtle Sanctuary – 1-hour drive
Here’s how to get here:
From Kuala Lumpur:
There are 3 airline companies that offer daily flights to Kuala Terengganu Sultan Mahmud Airport (KTSMA) — Malaysia Airlines (MAS), Air Asia, and Firefly Air.
MAS operates from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) to KTSMA. Meanwhile, Firefly Air flies in from Penang to Kuala Terengganu connecting to Subang Airport daily. It also has a new daily route from Subang to Kerteh in Kemaman. Journey by air takes approximately 45 minutes.
All domestic and international Air Asia flights operate out of KL’s Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT), which is approximately 15 to 20 minutes by road from KLIA. You should allocate ample time if you need to travel between the 2 airports for connecting flights.
There is a shuttle bus (NADI) that runs between the Main Terminal Building of KLIA and LCC Terminal. The frequency for NADI KLIA feeder bus is every 20 minutes. These feeder buses will wait at the curb side at the LCCT. The first trip from LCCT to KLIA MTB is at 5:55 am, and the last trip runs at 12:35 am.
Berjaya Air operates daily direct flights from Subang Airport to Redang Island. This trip lasts for an hour.
Berjaya Air offers daily direct flight from Seletar Airport (Singapore) to Redang Island. This trip lasts for an hour.
All international and domestic flights to Kuala Terengganu fly via KLIA. Upgrading of Kuala Terengganu Airport into an international airport with added convenience will enable travellers to fly in direct from domestic and regional destinations.
Travellers from Singapore who wish to fly from Johor Bahru via KLIA should catch the SPS coach from Singapore to Senai Airport. The coach service departs from:
Malaysia Airlines Singapore City Terminal
Copthorne Orchid Singapore Hotel
214 Dunearn Road
Telephone Number: +65 6250-3333
Operating Hours: 0515 to 1815 daily
Travelling time is about 2 hours.
Express coach departs daily from all major cities and towns in the peninsula. You can travel from Kuala Lumpur (7 hours), Singapore and Johor Bahru (8 hours), and Penang (7 hours).
The trip includes 2 rest stops or more along the journey for refreshments and toilet stops. The most comfortable coach (VIP) has 24 to 32 seats in a 2-in-1 seating arrangement. The seats are spacious with plenty of leg room. Double-decked 60-seater coaches and 36- to 40-seater are also available.
If you are travelling overnight, bring some warm clothing (jacket or sweater) as it can be quite cold. A soft or inflatable pillow can help you sleep more comfortably.
Most coach companies have their own website that sells tickets online. One way, return tickets, or connecting tickets are available at the respective bus terminals. Tickets could also be arranged through any of the registered travel agents. Coaches arrive at Kuala Terengganu MBKT Bus Terminal.
There are regular town bus, district bus, and taxi service which provide feeder mode of transportation to the destination of choice at reasonable rates. Travellers from Singapore could buy tickets at Transnasional Coach office located in Lavender/ Kallang Road, Singapore.
Coach to Kuala Terengganu:
Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Terengganu (7 hours)
- Most coaches depart from Hentian Putra Station (opposite PWTC). Choices of coaches include Transnasional, Sani Express, Adik Beradik, Konsortium, Damai, Plusliner, Sutera, and Mutiara.
Penang to Kuala Terengganu (9 hours)
- Coaches like SP Bumi and Atieza depart daily at night from KOMTAR or Butterworth Stations to KT.
Johor Bahru to Kuala Terengganu (8.5 hours)
- Coaches depart from Larkin Bus Terminal. Available choices include Transnasional, Damai, Adik Beradik, Sani Express, and Cepat Express.
Singapore to Kuala Terengganu (9.5 hours)
- Transnasional departs from Lavender Bus Terminal, while Five Stars and Konsortium depart from Golden Mile Centre at Beach Road.
Driving by car with friends or loved ones can be pretty much an interesting trip. Aside from the scenic routes, the fresh air and unpolluted countryside can offer a wonderful experience. Once you get to Terengganu Road, the beautiful beaches and blue waters welcome you. Driving travellers are advised to get a map from Tourism Malaysia or any bookstore.
KL to KT (approximately 455 km)
- There are 2 options for you, the Coastal Road or Jerangau Jabor. For option 1, take the Highway 2 KL (Gombak Toll) on Karak Highway towards East Coast (Jabor Toll) and continue towards Kuala Terengganu Exit via Chukai Town in Kemaman. For option 2, take Highway 2 KL (Gombak Toll) on Karak Highway towards East Coast (Jabor Toll) and continue towards Kuala Terengganu Exit via Bukit Besi/ Ajil/ Kuala Terengganu.
Singapore/Johor Bahru to KT (approximately 562 km)
- Take Highway E2 and head north on the North-South highway. Then take the exit at Yong Peng. Proceed to Labis and Segamat on Highway 1 to Kuantan and follow coastal road exit via Cukai Town in Kemaman, Dungun, and Kuala Terengganu. Meanwhile, the coastal route passes through Highway 3 Head to Kota Tinggi, Mersing, Kuala Rompin, Pekan, Kuantan and Kuala Terengganu.
Penang to KT (approximately 460 km)
- Take Highway 4 Penang on the East West Highway via Grik to Jertih and then turn right towards Highway 3 to Kuala Terengganu, or turn left towards Kuala Besut to enjoy a scenic drive on coastal roads towards Kuala Terengganu.
For more questions and clarifications regarding these travel information, you can contact our Kuala Terengganu hotel any time.